See below the 2018 transparency notice for the Peakirk Parish Council. The documents referred to can be found at the bottom of the announcement below:
- Date of announcement: 28th June 2018
- Each year the smaller authority prepares an Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR). The AGAR has been published with this notice. It will not be reviewed by the appointed auditor, since the smaller authority has certified itself as exempt from the appointed auditor’s review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the AGAR, the accounting records for the financial year to which it relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Mrs A Hankins, Clerk & RFO
8 The Park, Peakirk. Tel: 01733 253397or
commencing on (c) Monday 2 July 2018
and ending on (d) Friday 10 August 2018
- Local government electors and their representatives also have:
- The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
- The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
- The smaller authority’s AGAR is only subject to review by the appointed auditor if questions or objections raised under the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 lead to the involvement of the auditor. The appointed auditor is
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
- This announcement is made by Angela Hankins, Responsible Financial Officer