Village Hall - Booking
In order to make a booking:
- Read the conditions of hire and fire safety document (see below)
- Check availability for your preferred date and time with David Hankins, 8 The Park, St Pega's Rd - Tel 07938 386 226 or via email(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Print out, complete and return the appropriate booking form with payment (forms at bottom of page)
Rates of hire are:
- Weekday - £8 per hour
- Weekend - £10 per hour (£9 per hour for birthday parties of children 10 years and under)
- Day rate - £85
Conditions of hire (downloadable version here ):
By signing the booking form you are agreeing to the Conditions of Hire
- A MAXIMUM of 120 people are allowed in the hall at any one time (will accommodate 100 seated)
- Fire exits must not be blocked and that the Fire Safety notice has been read and understood
- No underage drinking allowed
- Please respect local residents with regard to noise levels, from both participants and any hired music; strictly no music after 23:30. (Failure to keep noise levels down may jeopardise our Licence and future bookings of the hall)
- Fireworks are not allowed
- To comply with our Entertainment Licence, a First Aider must be present at all public events, i.e. when the event is publicised and the public pay to attend
- Unless it is a 'bring your own alcohol' event a licence number must be provided before any keys are handed over. This includes both honesty bars and 'sales' using the 'every-raffle-ticket-wins-a-drink' system and the like
- Any damages or breakages to be paid for by the hirer
- At the end of the event, please ensure the following:
- All rubbish is emptied into outside bin
- All tables and chairs to be neatly stacked on the appropriate trolley
- The kitchen to be left clean and tidy - All crockery/cutlery used to be returned to cupboards
- All party decorations to be removed at the end of hire
- Ensure the hall is tidied and left as found
- All lights and heating to be switched off at the end of hire. (In Winter return the heating to the "Timer" setting and temperature in the hall to 60 degrees)
- Secure all windows and doors at the end of hire
- Return keys through the letter-box of 8 The Park, St Pega's Rd, Peakirk
The law states that no-one must smoke within five metres of any door or window that opens. Therefore, the only place where people may smoke within the Halls grounds is against the front hedge. By signing the booking form the hirer agrees to ensure this smoking policy is adhered to and that any fine imposed upon the Hall by the appropriate authority will be passed onto, and paid by, the appropriate hirer. The hirer also agrees to ensure the 'smoking area' is left clean at the end of the hire
Thank-you very much for your co-operation
Peakirk Village Hall Committee
Fire safety document (dowloadable version here ):
Before signing the booking form you must read the fire safety document below:
The person in charge of the function should check the location of the fire exits and other exit points. These should be free from obstruction at all times.
A mobile phone should be available if a call to the fire brigade is required.
The hirer should also be aware of the location of the fire extinguishers and fire blanket and read the operating instructions
The person in charge should be aware of who is attending the function in case of an evacuation
In case of fire
Call the Fire Brigade. Please note there is neither phone in the hall nor public phone in the village.
Attack the fire if possible with the appliances available but without taking personal risks. Fire extinguishers are located in the kitchen, at the front and back of the hall. There is a fire blanket in the kitchen.
If safe, electrical appliances should be switched off and doors and windows closed.
Leave the building by the nearest available exit. Do not stop to collect personal belongings.
Fire exit doors are located at the back of the hall either side of the stage in addition to the main entrance door. Bull Lane opposite the hall and adjacent to the Ruddy Duck public house should be used as an assembly point.
Members of your group should be designated to ensure the building is vacated without taking personal risk and that all people at the function are accounted for.
Contact the Booking Secretary at 8 The Park, St Pega's Rd (from where the keys were collected).
Do not re-enter the building until instructed by a responsible person to do so.
|Day Hire||40.09 KB|
|Weekend Hire (hourly)||152.41 KB|
|Weekday Hire (hourly)||45.21 KB|
|Conditions of Hire||5.02 KB|
|Fire safety||17.64 KB|
|Rates of Hire||45.14 KB|